Monday, February 22, 2010

hOMe





There is a certain feeling I get when I un-roll my yoga mat, and step on to the familiar rubbery surface. It's a feeling of coming home and returning once again to the practice that I love so much. Yoga is a daily ritual for me, and each time I come back to the mat, I get that warm and comforting feeling deep inside. My yoga mat is such a sacred place because it's where I go to connect with my inner guru. Through the practice, I see where I am tight, where I can push more, where I need to soften, where I need to build strength, and when to back off. On the mat is where my self-evolution begins. It's a safe place to work through the rough spots, savor the sweetness, send out intentions to manifest, and let go. It's really the practice that I love so much, and continue to return to. The mat is the reminder of the work that has been done and is yet to be done.

"Practice and all else comes"-Guruji 

I take the information I received during practice with me and apply it off the mat. The body tells us so much:  where there is tightness, where more focus and awareness is needed, where there needs to be more strength, what needs to be left alone. We think about these things in terms of anatomy and physiology when practicing yoga. But that is just in the physical body, and in yoga we have many layers. The areas of our body and life are connected, and the body doesn't lie. It knows what the rest of you needs... so listen closely. 

Where do you go to feel at home?
How do you challenge yourself?
What inspires you?







No comments:

Post a Comment